Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre 2020
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I am trying to project my laptop screen to a samsung TV by using Wireless display. Whenever I connect, the display is a blank screen and I can see only the mouse is moving around but no display.

Really frustrating as I have to connect through HDMI or I have to request my colleagues to project their screen as I am unable 

I need this to be sorted as early as possible for my laptop.

For further details, you may contact me.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Loane

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Let's try this first: 

• Confirm that your computer is connected to the wireless network.

• Restart your computer. Then restart the wireless display and adapter. If using an adapter, remove the adapter from the TV or monitor, restart your device, reinsert the wireless display adapter in the TV or monitor, and attempt to display again.

• If you are using a wireless display adapter, set the video source to the correct HDMI port (the one that the wireless adapter is connected to). To do this, check the video source settings on your HDTV, monitor, or projects. For instructions, check the information that came with your device or go to the manufacturer's website.

• If the adapter didn’t connect, open the Action Center, click All Settings, click Devices, and then click Connected Devices. Click Add a device, and then select the wireless display or wireless display adapter.

Installing the latest wireless and graphics drivers for your computer, and the latest firmware for your wireless display or Miracast adapter can solve many problems.

• Wireless display or adapter firmware

Go to the manufacturer's website to check for firmware updates for the wireless display or adapter. Search for your specific device, and then follow the instructions to download and install the firmware.

• Wireless and graphics drivers for your computer

Update your drivers:

1. Install the recommended updates from Windows Update.

2. Update the wireless driver in Device Manager. Go to HP PCs - Computer Wireless Troubleshooting for more information.

3. Update the graphics driver in Device Manager. Go to HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8, 7).

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi

Thanks for your Reply.

I am still struggling. I have done all the steps but still I can't share my laptop screen through Miracast.

I have checked the drivers and everything is updated already. When I project my spectre screen to Samsung TV through Miracst, it just comes with Black screen and nothing is visible. Only I can see that mouse is moving on Samsung TV.

It really gives me a bad feel to ask others to share their laptops to continue presentations.

Thanks

HP Recommended

@Loane

Thank you for posting back. 

If you still need additional technical assistance that can be better provided through one-on-one interaction or a remote session with our HP Support team if you would like to continue troubleshooting.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.