Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The specs for a Pavilion laptop screen are:

15.6" diagonal FHD IPS WLED-backlit touch screen (1920 x 1080)

Does this screen have a glossy, anti-glare, or matte finish?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello BigStereo60,

This is the most I could find about it:

15.6-in, full high-deƭnition (FHD), white light-emitting (WLED), BrightView (1920×1080), slim-Ưat (3.2- mm), UWVA, eDP, 220 nits, 16:9 ultra wide aspect ratio, TouchScreen display assembly

And 2 other documents which don't state much:

https://pcb.itcs.hp.com/dc/api/spec-sheet/ww-en/16677121/pdf/1GK61AV.pdf

https://pcb.itcs.hp.com/dc/api/edatasheet/ww-en/16677121/pdf/1GK61AV.pdf

Although I wasn't able to provide an accurate answer, as mentioned above, I do want to remind you that there is absolutely no way this laptop has a matte display, simply because of its touchscreen. In terms of the antiglare, this is an advertising tactic. So this laptop has a glossy display and technically HP can slap on the name anti-glare to entice consumers. Of course, there may be actual technology but every laptop display has anti-glare coating to some extent.

Hope this helps,

Eddy

Hit the Accept as Solution if I solved your problem.
Hit the thumbs up to show appreciation!

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello BigStereo60,

Considering that the laptop has a touchscreen, I can confirm that it cannot be matte. Most screens these days are designed to be anti-glare but glossy screens will have a considerably higher amount of glare.

Hope this answers your question,

Eddy

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply!  That narrows things down a bit but it still doesn't tell me if that screen is glossy or anti-glare.

HP Recommended

Hello BigStereo60,

If you provide me with the model name or product number of the laptop, I can dig a bit deeper, but I think my previous reply wasn't detailed enough.

Matte vs antiglare v.s glossy isn't technically a legitimate comparison. It's Glossy (known to have anti-glare technology) vs Matte. And since the laptop has a touchscreen, the display is already confirmed to be glossy. Anti-glare is just a marketing term manufacturers use to convince consumers that the glossy screen has reduced glare.

Hope this clarifies things,

Eddy

HP Recommended

I think the model number is 1GK61AV_1.  Thte laptop is a Pavilion 15z - touch.

HP Recommended

Hello BigStereo60,

This is the most I could find about it:

15.6-in, full high-deƭnition (FHD), white light-emitting (WLED), BrightView (1920×1080), slim-Ưat (3.2- mm), UWVA, eDP, 220 nits, 16:9 ultra wide aspect ratio, TouchScreen display assembly

And 2 other documents which don't state much:

https://pcb.itcs.hp.com/dc/api/spec-sheet/ww-en/16677121/pdf/1GK61AV.pdf

https://pcb.itcs.hp.com/dc/api/edatasheet/ww-en/16677121/pdf/1GK61AV.pdf

Although I wasn't able to provide an accurate answer, as mentioned above, I do want to remind you that there is absolutely no way this laptop has a matte display, simply because of its touchscreen. In terms of the antiglare, this is an advertising tactic. So this laptop has a glossy display and technically HP can slap on the name anti-glare to entice consumers. Of course, there may be actual technology but every laptop display has anti-glare coating to some extent.

Hope this helps,

Eddy

HP Recommended

Thank you very much!  How do you know where to find all of that information?

HP Recommended

Hello BigStereo60,

You're welcome

I use HP's Product Support page > computer's User Guide and then look for the Maintenance and Service Guide. In terms of the other 2 documentation, I use HP's Product Content Browser.

Kind regards,

Eddy

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.