Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp spectre x360 13
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My new laptop has suddenly got these strange reflective dots on the screen which can be seen when the sun is shining on it or when it’s on a black screen and they can’t be wiped off and are slightly reflective, I just want to remove them but I can’t find anything about it anywhere

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you for waiting! I understand your concern and to help you out, I have escalated your concern to HP's Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options (if any). 

You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding Holidays & Weekends). 

Response times may vary by region. 

Please send us a Private Message, if you aren't contacted within 4-5 business days.  

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

And Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" on my public post, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

To assist you better, do you have a previous case number or were you in contact with the escalations team?

I understand you need assistance and I’d love to help. However, we encourage our customers to create a public post so that the conversation may help other community members find a similar solution.

Hence, I would request you to create a public post with the same query, so that you may get your answers from the various members we have in our community forums at HP.

Keep me posted.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@17N

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I understand that your HP notebook display is not working correctly, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• When was the last time it worked without these issues?
  • Have you updated Graphics and Chipset drivers?
  • Have you checked the display on an external monitor?

Let’s try these steps to resolve the problem:

I recommend you attempt to access the BIOS screen by tapping on F10 while the computer is restarting, 

If the issue persists in the BIOS screen which is outside windows, it would confirm a hardware failure.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

they are physical spots as they can be felt under your fingertips, so it doesnt fall into any of those unfortunately

HP Recommended

@17N

Thank you for posting back.

I want to thank you for taking the time to speak to us today. 
This seems like a hardware issue with the display If you still need additional technical assistance that can be better provided through one-on-one interaction also to check the available service options in order to diagnose the computer physically. 

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/​​​​​​​

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried but its so difficult to get hold of the people for this and anytime i go to an online helpline it just takes me to america or even africa, its so difficult and so much effort and i don't rlly know what to do, i have extra warranty and just want to swap the old laptop as it has other issues, such as the spacebar only working for a small majority of the time, paired with this current screen issue. i just want to use my warranty to fix this laptop. 😞

HP Recommended

Thank you for waiting! I understand your concern and to help you out, I have escalated your concern to HP's Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options (if any). 

You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding Holidays & Weekends). 

Response times may vary by region. 

Please send us a Private Message, if you aren't contacted within 4-5 business days.  

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

And Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" on my public post, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

To assist you better, do you have a previous case number or were you in contact with the escalations team?

I understand you need assistance and I’d love to help. However, we encourage our customers to create a public post so that the conversation may help other community members find a similar solution.

Hence, I would request you to create a public post with the same query, so that you may get your answers from the various members we have in our community forums at HP.

Keep me posted.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.