Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 13-4005dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I'm connecting my HP Spectre x360 - 13-4005dx to my LG 24UD58 (4K) monitor with HDMI connection.

My graphics driver is is Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500 version 20.19.15.5058.

When I set the resolution of the screen to 3840x2160 the maximum refresh rate I can get is 30Hz.

When I set the resolution of the screen to 2560x1440 the maximum refresh rate I can get is 60Hz.

The monitor best settings are 3840x2160 at 60Hz but I can't get it.

Why is this happening ? and how can I fix this problem ?

EDIT:

i found out in the driver settings that there is no mode for 3840x2160 at 60Hz.

Untitled.jpg

Is there anything I can still do to get 3840x2160 at 60Hz?

Thanks,

Geffen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@geffen wrote:

... I'm connecting my HP Spectre x360 - 13-4005dx to my LG 24UD58 (4K) monitor with HDMI connection...

@geffen 

The HDMI port on your machine supports up to 1920 x 1080 @60Hz. The specs clearly says

High-definition multimedia interface (HDMI) v.1.4b, supporting up to 1920×1200 at 60 Hz

Now you can work out the math numbers with the rule: higher resolution will reduce refresh rate. Therefore the best you can get 3840x2160  @30Hz.

Driver won't help.

But your machine has  DisplayPort 1.2 and your monitor also has DisplayPort input. You can use DP port cable to connect and you should get  3840x2160 at 60Hz.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@geffen wrote:

... I'm connecting my HP Spectre x360 - 13-4005dx to my LG 24UD58 (4K) monitor with HDMI connection...

@geffen 

The HDMI port on your machine supports up to 1920 x 1080 @60Hz. The specs clearly says

High-definition multimedia interface (HDMI) v.1.4b, supporting up to 1920×1200 at 60 Hz

Now you can work out the math numbers with the rule: higher resolution will reduce refresh rate. Therefore the best you can get 3840x2160  @30Hz.

Driver won't help.

But your machine has  DisplayPort 1.2 and your monitor also has DisplayPort input. You can use DP port cable to connect and you should get  3840x2160 at 60Hz.

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks, it worked.

Where did you get the specs from?

and what is recommended 59hz or 60hz?

Geffen

HP Recommended

@geffen 

Its specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c04587340

59 or 60, well the difference is unnoticeable

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

another issue I tackled but solved was, that when returning back from sleep mode i had to plug and unplug the connection to the monitor. to solve this I disabled the option "Display port 1.2" on the monitor menu.

for that matter, where could I check if my graphic card supports Display port 1.2? because I found out it doesn't but that was a wild guess.

Thanks,

Geffen

HP Recommended

@geffen 

Its manual

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04807803.pdf

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

it says it does support display port 1.2 but only when i turned this option off in my monitor the issue was solved. weird...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.