Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP-Compaq ENVY M7-U009DX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need to replace the touchscreen digitizer on my HP-Compaq ENVY M7-U009DX. I have been looking for a good instructional video or written instructions, but cannot find any for my exact laptop. I am assuming the instructions are the same for more than on particular laptop, but not sure which is appropriate for my needs. Can someone supply me with a link to very good, easy to follow, detailed instructions please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you! Yes, that's helpful. I would also like to know if there is anything available as far as how to repair the hinges on my laptop. Thanks in advance!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@dmjensen

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

Since the Display is not a customer replaceable part you might not find exact videos detailing how to replace it

But you can try referring to page 50 in the Service Guide: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05130939

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you! Yes, that's helpful. I would also like to know if there is anything available as far as how to repair the hinges on my laptop. Thanks in advance!

HP Recommended

@dmjensen

Unfortunately there is no specific information on replacing hinges since it's a chassis.

To be honest, unless you are technically savvy and have replaced such parts before, it is not recommended for customers to do so without professional help

Especially hinges are tricky. Sometimes it might just snap in easily and other times not and even if it does, sometimes the LCD lid becomes too tight or too loose 😌

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on the Public Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.