Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy Model: 15M-BP011DX
Hi Team,

May I ask you what is the cost of 512 gb SSD if I would like to change from HDD which is inbuilt ?

Can I change it to hp service center in India ?

Regards,
Harshal
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

See p. 2 of the Manual here:

Manual

This is the part number for a 512 gig PCIe/NVME M.2 disk:

847110-015

In USA the part can be ordered here:

https://parts.hp.com/hpparts/Search_Results.aspx?mscssid=CB93F6903C31422AB0264CEA8487929C&SearchIn=P...

You can have the original hard drive AND a PCIe/NVME M.2 disk. You can see the location of the M.2 disk to the left of the memory at page 36 in the Manual. It is not a terribly difficult procedure and is allowed to the end user within the warranty as long as no damage is done. Software reinstallation is also not too difficult to do. 

Whether the India Service Center will install it for you and how much they might charge I do not know but you can contact them and see if they can get the part (they will not install 3rd party parts) and their charge for it. I know the Service Centers in India will do a lot more upgrade work for customers than in the US. 

Post back with any more questions. Please "Accept as Solution" if this is the answer you needed. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

See p. 2 of the Manual here:

Manual

This is the part number for a 512 gig PCIe/NVME M.2 disk:

847110-015

In USA the part can be ordered here:

https://parts.hp.com/hpparts/Search_Results.aspx?mscssid=CB93F6903C31422AB0264CEA8487929C&SearchIn=P...

You can have the original hard drive AND a PCIe/NVME M.2 disk. You can see the location of the M.2 disk to the left of the memory at page 36 in the Manual. It is not a terribly difficult procedure and is allowed to the end user within the warranty as long as no damage is done. Software reinstallation is also not too difficult to do. 

Whether the India Service Center will install it for you and how much they might charge I do not know but you can contact them and see if they can get the part (they will not install 3rd party parts) and their charge for it. I know the Service Centers in India will do a lot more upgrade work for customers than in the US. 

Post back with any more questions. Please "Accept as Solution" if this is the answer you needed. 

HP Recommended
Thanks Huffer for this valuable information.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.