Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion x360 Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

When I try to watch videos on fullscreen on a non-web browser app, like Windows Media Player, Movies, VLC, Hulu/Netflix app, etc. after a few seconds of going fullscreen, the screen colour will dull. If I move my mouse/touch the screen, the colour goes back to normal for a few seconds until I don't touch anything for 5-10 seconds. It does not happen if I watch videos on a web browser window like on YouTube, only on other apps. Also, it does not happen if the app is in windowed mode, only full screen. And it happens on battery power and on the charger.

Can anybody tell me how to disable this? I have looked in the HP graphics settings and the general display settings and can't find anything on it.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@ahson Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the laptop screen Dim on the full-screen videos.

Do not worry. Let's work together and get this issue addressed.

I would suggest you try a different user account and check for the issue.

Try updating the computer, this will install the latest updates -

Step 1 Windows Updates -

1) In the search box, type, and open Windows Updates.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Step 2 Install updates using HP Support Assistant

1. In the search box, type, and open HP Support Assistant. 
  2. Check for updates. 
  3. If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.  

Note: If you do not have HP Support Assistant installed, Click here to download the same.

Please update the graphics driver and update the BIOS.

Please click the below link to download the drivers.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.