Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15s-du0094tu
Microsoft Windows 11

GPU:- Intel UHD Graphics 620, Version 27.20.100.9664

My laptop screen is flickering.
I upgraded the laptop with a Samsung 970 Evo Plus 250GB SSD, and after 20 days of the upgrade the laptop screen is flickering. Is this due to overheating? My laptop is getting hotter with the SSD than before.
When I disable the Intel Graphics Driver in Device Manager and enable the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter, the flickering stops. But as this is not good for even video streaming, so I don't want to use this driver and want to use the Intel Driver.
Now what should I do to fix the flickering screen ?

8fb6156d-e997-4904-a8d2-625a3bc03807.jpg4bab8d6c-570a-4e17-a825-a7d6fc648dca.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi@Vincent_Jullie0,

Welcome to the HP Support Community! I'd like to help!

I see you are experiencing Screen Flickering issues with the HP Notebook.

I have a few recommendations 

• Update your Notebook computer to the latest BIOS from HP.COM.
  • Make sure the Windows and HP support assistant updates are up to date. 

Try and check in Bios using the F10 key if the screen is flickering in Bios. To enter Bios, click restart and keep tapping the F10 key and then turn on the PC at the same time to enter Bios screen. 

If the issue persists in Bios then it is a hardware issue on the screen. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

I have updated the BIOS driver, Intel Graphics driver and the HP support assistant.
The BIOS Screen does not flicker.

I tried to solve this by restarting, uninstalling and updating drivers, With WinRE environment.
Also I booted other OS like as Win10, Win11, Kubuntu, Fedora, Linux Mint etc. from USB Stick or external SSD to check, if the Screen flickering issue persists there, but Kubuntu, Win10, Win11 showed flickering. 
Now I have returned to Win10 from Win11 as HP has still not published Drivers for Win11.
I installed the Win10 copy on the laptop, first cleaning all the drives with diskpart command from BIOS screen's recovery section, and then installed the OS, but still the issue is present.
Would u please mention, can the overheating (around 48-54 degree C) of the SSD where OS is installed, can cause the issue?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.