Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion x360 Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've started having issues when using my HP Tilt 2.0 pen.

When I touch the screen with the pen, it starts flickering rapidly and it seems to lag.

I used a drawing programme, which I haven't had issues with when using the pen before, to film the issue.

(FLASH WARNING: the video shows my screen flashing black and white so may cause issues)

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello

I saw a similar behaviour on computer used by enterprise where there was a setting modified by a Windows 10 policy.

a particular setting fo windows 10 was causing such flickering. I have to go back and find what was the setting.

may tomorrow I will update the post writing which windows setting was causing it, so you can check your windows 10 installation.

bye

HP Recommended

Thank you in advance, I'm hoping this is just an issue with software rather than a physical issue 😕

HP Recommended

Hello

start    secpol.msc

check if the setting Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\User Rights Assignment\Increse Scheduling priority

has two user assigned: Administrator AND Windows Manager\Windows Manager Group

if there is only Administrator,  the display flickers every time you tap the pen on it.

read this Microsoft articled: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/threat-protection/security-policy-settings/increas...

there is this note: 

If you remove Window Manager\Window Manager Group from the Increase scheduling priority user right, certain applications and computers do not function correctly. In particular, the INK workspace does not function correctly on unified memory architecture (UMA) laptop and desktop computers that run Windows 10, version 1903 (or later) and that use the Intel GFX driver.

On affected computers, the display blinks when users draw on INK workspaces such as those that are used by Microsoft Edge, Microsoft PowerPoint, or Microsoft OneNote. The blinking occurs because the inking-related processes repeatedly try to use the Real-Time priority, but are denied permission.

In case you have both users, I don't know what else it could be.

bye

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.