Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Spectre x360 Convertible  15-ch011dx

ProdID:  2LV24UA#ABA

A couple months ago my Spectre x360 screen started having streaks on it.  The streaks run vertically upwards from any lighter areas on the screen, so if you drag a window around they follow it like a ghost-image streaking upwards from the source.  This is especially noticeable when you have light on dark background.  Which is why I first noticed it in Photoshop (with its dark background).   At first I figured it was a issue with Photoshop, but soon started to notice it was system-wide.  I updated any display related drivers/software, but it didn't help.  It seems i has gotten worse.  Today in noticed that in addition to the streaks there seems to be burn in on the screen.  I see the header area of Chrome burnt into my screen a couple times--I assume Chrome because I have it open more often than other programs, but not sure if other programs do it.  

I'd appreciate any help with fixing this.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Jonathan_D_W Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are getting vertical Streaks on the screen.

If you haven't, please try an alternate monitor to understand if this is either a hardware or a software failure, 

if the issue does not appear on the alternate monitor, you may need to replace the display assembly on your computer, 

if the issue appears on the alternate monitor/TV as well, re-install the graphics card drivers & update it from the official HP Website: Click here 

  

If you don’t have an alternate monitor, I recommend checking if the issue appears on the BIOS screen (restart the computer and tap on F10 to access BIOS) 

If the issue does not appear in BIOS, reinstall the graphics card drivers & update BIOS using the above link, 
If it does, you may need to replace the LCD/Repair the computer: 

  

If the issue occurred after an accident (such as dropping it on the floor, liquid spilled on it, etc.) there could be a hardware failure and in such cases, you may need to get the computer repaired via HP (there could be a charge involved if the PC isn't covered by the accidental damage protection plan) 

  

Reply to the result of the above-mentioned steps, for further assistance. 

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hi Praveen

Thanks for the help.

I did not have a chance to connect to another monitor, but I did follow your other recommendations. 

The good news is:  the issue did not appear in the BIOS screen.

The bad news is:  I updated all display/monitor drivers,  graphics drivers, and the BIOS, but the issue was not fixed-- (from the hp link you provided)

I take good care of my computer: definitely no accidents, drops, or spills.  It is only about 1 year old.  I'm pretty upset that my warranty expired only about 1 month ago and now I have this issue. (actually the issue probably showed up before my warranty expired, but at first, I thought is was just Photoshop and was too busy to investigate more).  This is pretty annoying since I am a graphic artist and decided to spend the extra money on a better computer with the HD screen and now the display looks horrible.  

Any more suggestions on things I might try to fix this?

Thanks,

Jonathan

HP Recommended

@Jonathan_D_W 

Thank you for the update.

We do not have option to take the remote control and check.

I would suggest you contact our phone support. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.