Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop - 15s-eq1510sa

The laptop display flashes, has a vertical line (sometimes this disappears), and is generally unusable. However, I can log in and use the mouse and keyboard but of course the screen flashing etc makes it impossible to use. I have tried turning it on and off, charging it, and unplugging it.

There is no visible damage to the display or the rest of the laptop.

Is this an LCD problem, or something I can fix at home?

16608420621086978039093464074077.jpg

16608420884411837384442408053944.jpg

16608419864058362522706788313480.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I wanted to chime in and say that I've been having display issues since yesterday, though they are not as severe as yours. However, my screen will randomly blink or flash a back screen. And it lags slightly when I do things like opening/closing a browser. I will notice weird glitches as well, like when I click away from watching a video, the video window has a green haze over it. It will change back to normal when I resume playing it, though.

I have an HP Envy Laptop 15-ep0xxx.

~Jennifer
HP Recommended

I have same laptop model as Jennifer and it has just started blinking in last few days. Screen blacks out, then I have to click mouse on screen to turn it back on.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.