Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hp Chromebook. My screen is 3quarters  normal looking and the top quarter of the screen is a magnified version of what I'm navigating below....how do I switch it back to just a normal full screen????

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@Jimfras,

Welcome to the HP Support Community! I'd like to help!

I see you are experiencing screen display issues with the HP Chromebook.

I have a few recommendations 

• Go to accessibility, and select docked magnifier.
  • Perform a Hard Reset

You can make the page you look at bigger or smaller, but keep other parts of your screen the same size.

• Make the page bigger: Press Ctrl and +.
  • Make the page smaller: Press Ctrl and -.
  • Reset zoom: Press Ctrl + o.

Make everything on your screen bigger or smaller

You can make everything on your screen bigger or smaller, which includes your row of apps and tabs, by changing your screen resolution.

• Make your screen bigger, decrease resolution: Press Ctrl + Shift and +.
  • Make your screen smaller, increase resolution: Press Ctrl + Shift and -.
  • Reset resolution: Press Ctrl + Shift + o.

Magnify your whole screen

To quickly magnify your entire screen, press Ctrl + Search  + m or press Ctrl + Launcher  + m.

To manage screen magnification:

1. At the bottom right, select the time.
    • Or press Alt + Shift + s.
  2. Select Settings .
  3. At the bottom, select Advanced.
  4. In the "Accessibility" section, select Manage accessibility features.
  5. Under "Display," turn Enable fullscreen magnifier on.
  6. Choose how you want to move around the magnified screen.
    • Move around continuously: Turn Move screen continuously as mouse moves on.
    • Keep your mouse centered: Turn Move screen keeping mouse at center of screen on.
    • Move the screen when the mouse touches the edge: Turn Move screen when mouse touches edge of screen on.
  7. To choose your zoom level, next to "Fullscreen zoom level," select Down arrow .

Tips:

• To move around, press Ctrl + Alt + Up , Down , Left , or Right . You can also press Tab to move from item to item on your screen.
  • In full screen zoom mode on your touchscreen, use 2 fingers to move around the screen.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.