I've been having this issue on and off since 2018 and tried everything I could read on this forum, from changing screen Hz rate to changing drivers to older or newer versions. External display is never impacted.
I'm wondering if anyone actually found a solution apart from returning it, which doesn't seem to reliably work either.
Hi@Natalshadow, Welcome to the HP Support Community!
Welcome to HP Forums. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips
I understand that the screen keeps flickering.
I'd like to help.
May I know since when are you facing this issue?
I suggest you check in the BIOS whether the issue persists.
Shut down the Notebook > Upon restarting keep hitting the F10 key till you see System Configuration Screen ( BIOS ). Keep it under observation and let me know if the screen flickers.
If the screen doesn't flicker, please backup your data and perform a System Recovery
- Turn off the computer. Disconnect all connected devices and cables such as Personal Media Drives, USB drives, printers, and faxes.
- Turn on the computer and repeatedly press the F11 key about once every second until the Choose an option screen is displayed, and then continue.
- On the Choose an Option screen, click Troubleshoot.
- On the Troubleshoot screen, click Recovery Manager.
- Under Help, click System Recovery.
- When Recovery Manager prompts you to back up your files, select a backup option:
- The Welcome to HP Recovery Manager screen is displayed. Read the on-screen information, and then disconnect any connected devices and cables, such as Personal Media Drives, USB drives, printers, and faxes.
- Remove media from internal drives, and remove any recently added internal hardware.
- Click Next to continue.
- When recovery preparation is complete, click Continue to proceed to the installation phase of the recovery process. The computer restarts several times during the recovery. This is normal. Do not close, shut down, or disconnect the computer while HP Recovery runs.
- Recovery Manager reformats the Windows partition and reinstalls the original software.
- After the system recovery is complete, click Finish to restart the computer. Complete the setup screens and wait until the computer finishes the setup.
- Once the setup is complete, turn off the computer, reconnect all devices and cables, and then turn on the computer.
- Before using the computer, update and protect your computer by reinstalling any virus and security software that was installed before the system recovery.
- Reinstall any software programs that were added after purchasing the computer, as well as any files that were backed up.
If the Screen flickers in the BIOS, please contact our phone support for Service Options.
Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter a Product number or select to auto-detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number and phone number appear.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".