Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Chromebook x360 14-DA0011DX
Chrome OS

Screen flickers and sometimes has tow tones that appear ramdomly and moving the cursor the areas will change from "light highlight' to normal tone. Cursor jumps around randomly, when I can position it say on the X to close an app or chrome, once i click it, it disappears and nothing else happens, app doesn't close. Other times open apps will start behaving as if someone is click on things, menus popup, etc. all by itself.  This also happens when I'm walking from one place to another with the chromebook opened (like the gyroscope is out of control which I turned of this function.

chromebook is up to date and so are apps. chrome extentions are same as when thing were working normally but i am working on turn them off adding back one by one but since this 'ghost in the machine' is speratic hard to troubleshoot the extentions as possible probllem.

I have a micro  usb card inserted but will remove until device starts to act up again, or not, then what should be done if this happens? Has anyone else have these very similar issues.

Oh, I cleared all the history, cookies etc., Removed most of the site settings (which still don't understand how they affect the system or what exactly they do. Hosted app data (11) didn't touch as not clear on what they are used for EXACTLY.

Sorry for the typos as I have a very busy day and just wanted to get this message out.

Oh, sometimes in certain apps instead of a cursor a small 'fist' appears, something similar to what appears on google maps when moving the map around (if memory serves me, it is a small fist, right?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@gtorydr_1

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

You've tried most of the steps. Let's do a recovery: https://support.google.com/chromebook/answer/1080595?hl=en

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.