Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 13t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Occurring on HP Spectre x360 - 13t-aw000 CTO. Delivered 11/11, and problem started about a week ago.

Screen flickers to black during touchpad input. Starts to occur sporadically upon waking from laptop sleep. Resetting / powering down usually resolves the problem, though sometimes multiple resets are required. Using the screen's touch input fixes the black screen for the duration of the touch.

Windows 10 is up to date and HP Support doesn't report any available updates.

Specs:

Operating system
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Microprocessor
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1065G7 CPU @ 1.30GHz

System memory
16 GB

Memory slot 1
8GB SK Hynix 3733MHz
Memory slot 2
8GB SK Hynix 3733MHz

System board
86FA 87.46

System BIOS
F.15

Video
Graphic device 1
Intel(R) Iris(R) Plus Graphics

Current resolution
3840 x 2160

Refresh rate
60 Hz

Version
27.20.100.8280 (5/19/2020)

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Just had same issue, whenever cursor went from white to black (or dark), screen would go black. Touchscreen woke it back up.

I went into device manager, removed the display driver for Intel Iris. It appeared to remove, I went to intel driver site, did driver updates (wifi and bluetooth), but graphics driver not shown to be updateable, nor did it get updated.

I rebooted, driver was there again, 27.20.100.8280. Problem has gone away, but that was 10 min ago, so I'll advise if I learn anything else. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.