Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP DV6-6C-10US
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Screen gets scrambled whenever my PC is not connected to power. 

I have done some simple common sense tests and have observed some behaviors with this issue that has made me believe that this issue goes beyond a hardware problem. 

NOTE: This problem started after the screen was changed. 

My Observations

1. It never happens when the PC is plugged in. 
  2. It stops on its own after some time. 
  3. When it stops, it starts once you place your finger on the Touchpad.  Leave it for a couple of seconds and it stops, place your finger on the touchpad again and it Scrambles. After this back and forth, it decides when it stops doing it and then you can place your finger back on the touchpad and it won't Scramble.
  4. It stops EVERY SINGLE time I put the PC to sleep and wake it up. This is the quickest way. When I do this, it doesn't scramble when I place my finger on the Touchpad.
  5. It happens when I stop touching my Touchpad after some time when the Laptop is not connected to power. Once I place my finger on the touchpad, screen scrambles. Leave it for a couple of seconds, it stops. I place my finger on the touchpad again and then it scrambles until I put the laptop to sleep and wake it up. 

What could be the problem with this PC
Edit: Due to frequent BSOD Issues (IRQL less or equal, Kernel Mode Heap Error, Turning off Bluetooth causes a BSOD), All my Drivers are complete and updated.
I also use DriverEasy to ensure that my drivers are updated and it keeps telling me that they are. 

My fingerprint driver is the only one not working. I have tried everything including downloading drivers from the HP page and installing them manually. 
It only worked briefly when I reinstalled windows 10 (1903) on the PC back in October (For the first time in the three years I've been using this PC). but this screen problem has been there long before that.

I have tried to provide as much information as I can for this PC.
Thank you for your assistance.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Gozbot
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. The last thing I can suggest trying is a restore back to the factory. Performing an HP system recovery (Windows ) While doing the recovery there is an option to backup your personal files. If you have not previously done one now is a good time. 

Restoring Files that were Backed Up Using HP Recovery Manager (Windows )You can also contact HP support for assistance. They can remotely access your system to help alleviate difficulties: www.hp.com/contacthp/

The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello, 

Thanks for Responding. 
I have previously done this before. 
I did the factory reset and the problem came back

HP Recommended

@Gozbot

Thank you for posting back. 

This sounds like a hardware related issue with the internal display, 

I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options in order to diagnose the computer physically. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/​​​​​​​

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.