Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

I think we may have the whitescreen.exe virus.  how can i get rid of it?  When we try to log into Windows 7, screen goes white.  Have an HP Pavillion dv6-1030.  Upgraded to Windows 7 after repairs were done.

HP Recommended

how to fix a hp 2000 laptop when i turn it on it comes up white

HP Recommended

HI @joe-nique ,

Welcome to the HP Forums!Smiley Happy

It is a terrific place to find answers and tips.
For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide Learn How to Post and More

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

I grasp that you have the HP 2000 series notebook and when you power it on you get a blank or white screen.

What is your exact model of HP  2000 notebook?

What Operating System are you running?

Do you see any lights flashing or hear any beeps?

If you connect an external display does it work?

Here is a link to HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 😎.  As I do not know your Operating system some of the steps may not be correct but the general process will be the same.

Good Luck!

Sparkles1

HP Recommended
My hp note book get white when starting the laptop. is there any help for me?
HP Recommended
my hp 2000 notebook gets when starting the laptop. Is there any help?
HP Recommended

Hi @Oliver3 ,

It is a fantastic place to find answers and suggestions!

For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide Learn How to Post and More

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

I grasp that you have the HP 2000 series notebook and when you power it on you get a blank or white screen.

What is your exact model of HP  2000 notebook?

What Operating System are you running?

Do you see any lights flashing or hear any beeps?

If you connect an external display does it work?

Here is a link to HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 😎.  As I do not know your Operating system some of the steps may not be correct but the general process will be the same.

Best of Luck!

Sparkles1

HP Recommended
I am experiencing a white screen with lines through them when I turn on my HP Pavilion notebook model 17 E 0 20 DX. The computer technician connected the laptop with a VGA cable to another monitor and it worked just fine. He concluded therefore that it was not a motherboard problem but an LCD problem. I went to eBay typed in my model number found an LCD screen for 80 bucks. the computer technician charged $35 for the labor. from my research it can be one of three things a a motherboard problem be a video card or LCD problem or 3 a virus
HP Recommended

My HP laptop is HP 2000-2b80DX,  SN: [Personal Information Removed], PN:C2N34UA#ABA. I have same white screen problem and I open the back panel and re inset the cable problem is not fixed. When outside monitor is connected I can see login screen and I can not see HP boot screen. The OS is windows8.

I ordered a new screen online and repalced old one. Now laptop works fine.

HP Recommended
It worked. Thanks.
HP Recommended
Just press alt+ctrl+esc when screen starts with white screen. This solved my up laptop pavilion g6.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.