Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 15-eb0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an external monitor hooked up through the built in hdmi port and it will occasionally go black for a few seconds then come back. There doesn't seem to be anything directly triggering it as I have not been able to discover a pattern of any kind on when it happens. It happens on multiple monitors and multiple cables. I've updated and rolled back my display drivers for both the built in intel graphics and the GForce GTX 1650 that came with the laptop. I have a 13in version of the same basic laptop and it doesn't have this issue although it doesn't have an hdmi port and is using a usb-c to hdmi converter. I have another issue already submitted stating that I am completely unable to use the usb-c with any kind of converter to hook up a monitor on this (the 15in version) laptop.

Between these two issues, I'm starting to wonder if I just have a faulty GForce graphics card as it's only issues dealing with external monitors. the main display on the laptop, which seems to primarily use the built in intel graphics as opposed to the GForce graphics card has no problems at all. The GForce card is part of the original laptop i purchased and the laptop is brand new.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@vegashepliin Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the Screen randomly goes black for a few moments then comes back.

Please perform the below steps.

Hard Reset:

1) Shutdown the computer.  

2) Unplug all the Adapter and peripherals connected.  

3) Remove the Battery. ( not for Built-in Battery computer ) 

4) Press and hold down the power button for 15 to 20 seconds.  

5) Plug-in the Adapter and put the Battery back into the computer if it's a (removable battery)

6) Try to turn on the computer and check, If the issue persists continue next step

Set BIOS default and restart:

1. Restart your notebook.
  2. During startup, press F10 repeatedly until the BIOS menu is displayed.
  3. Once the BIOS menu is displayed, press F9 to restore factory defaults.
  4. Select Yes to confirm.
  5. Press F10 to save changes and exit.
  6. Select Yes to confirm.
  7. The computer restarts using the default settings.

Try updating the computer, this will install the latest updates -

Step 1 Windows Updates -

1) In the search box, type, and open Windows Updates.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Step 2 Install updates using HP Support Assistant

1. In the search box, type, and open HP Support Assistant. 
  2. Check for updates. 
  3. If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.  

Note: If you do not have HP Support Assistant installed, Click here to download the same.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.