Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Spectre N1R85UA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I recently had my whole laptop screen replaced and when this happened, my keyboard and trackpad stopped working.  I disabled the sensors by going into the device manager and disabling the intel integrated sensor solution and my keyboard works again. Unfortunately, I am not able to use tent mode or turn my laptop into tablet mode. How can I get my keyboard to work again with the rotation sensor-enabled?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@LeannaW

I reviewed your post and I understand that the keyboard is not working when the integrated sensor is enabled.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you enable the sensor and uninstall the keyboard driver from the device manager and then restart the computer and check if it helps.

Here is how it is done.

1. Type "Device Manager" into the search field to open the device manager console.
  2. Expand the node that represents the type of device that you want to uninstall, right-click the device entry, and click Uninstall.
  3. On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click OK to start the uninstall process.
  4. When the uninstall process is complete, remove the device.

NOTE: On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click the Delete the driver software for this device option to delete the driver package that was used for the device.

If you continue facing the issue, then update the BIOS from the below link and check if it helps.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp101001-101500/sp101310.exe

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

LeannaW_0-1612545375475.png

Do I uninstall all of them? But if I do that, how would my keyboard work?

HP Recommended

@LeannaW

Yes, uninstall both and restart the computer. The driver will be installed automatically when you restart the computer.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

So when I uninstall they keyboard,  the Delete the driver software for this device option does not pop up. I deleted these keyboard anyways and the keyboard didn't work. I had to disable the sensor to get the keyboards to work again. 

HP Recommended

Am I in the right place? I installed all of them too. 

LeannaW_0-1612741101463.png

HP Recommended

@LeannaW

I recommend you contact support to further diagnose the issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.