Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Chromebook x2 - 12-f001nf

Hi everyone,

I have a HP Chromebook x2 - 12 - f001nf that I mostly use with the keyboard in landscape mode.

The other day I wanted to use it in portrait mode and I removed the keyboard.

But when I turned the device the screen did not rotate.

I searched the options (down right of the screen) and did not see the button for screen rotation (blocked / unblocked).

The only way to turn the display was to go in the options / device / display, and select an angle of orientation, because in the list there is not the "auto" anymore.

Thinking it was a problem with the OS I did a powerwash yesterday without the keyboard.

It worked ok just after and the screen rotated automaticaly after the reset.

I put the keyboard back on this morning and pluged it in to recharge.

Then I starded it again this morning with and without the keyboard, and the screen did not rotate.

In the options the auto rotation was gone again.

Does anyone have the same problem ?

Thanks.

20221124_114254.jpg20221124_114304.jpg20221124_114333.jpg

Regards.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @GeekyToad,

Welcome to the HP Support Community

I understand you are getting an issue with your HP Chromebook X2 - 12-F001nf. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.

Let's try power wash: You can still wipe the Chromebook clean with a keycode combination. At the first login screen, simply press Alt+Ctrl+Shift+R and tap the Restart button. Doing so brings up the Powerwash prompt, which you can choose to wipe the device clean within a few minutes.

You may also try to rotate your Chromebook screen by Just pressing Ctrl + Shift + refresh to rotate your screen back to normal.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ANAND_ANDY
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, and thanks for your help.

I did a power wash and here is where I am at now.

- If the device is started with the keyboard, when the system has booted and if I remove the keyboard, the screen rotates when in portrait mode.

- If the device is started without the keyboard, when the system has booted and we turn the device, there is no automatic rotation.

- If the device is started without the keyboard, there is no rotation BUT, if we put it on the keyboard and then remove it, the rotation is back !

Do you think it's a bug ?

Thanks.

Best regards.

HP Recommended

@GeekyToad,

Thank you for your response, I really appreciate your efforts. As the issue still persists, I'm sending out a private message to assist you with the next course of action. 

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ANAND_ANDY
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.