Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hello All,

I have an issue connecting my HP spectre x360 15t (2019 model, Windows 10)to my LG webos TV (55UM7300PUA). I am able to confirm that both my TV and laptop supports miracast but when I try to connect following the instruction found in microsoft help, I can see the TV name in my laptop but when I connect, the tv screen blinks up and after few seconds,  a message pops up in TV saying " Unable to connect with screen share, Try again " and a message pops up in laptop saying " Something went wrong, cannot connect". Can you please suggest a solution to this?

thanks,

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@saugatgh, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Have you tried connecting the display to the Notebook using a VGA/HDMI cable and check if that works?

For now, install updates using HP Support Assistant

1. In the search box, type and open HP Support Assistant. 
  2. Check for updates. 
  3. If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.  

Note: If you do not have HP Support Assistant installed, Click here to download the same.

Also, check for any pending windows update. Reboot the computer. 

Miracast is a wireless technology that projects the image from your computer screen onto another monitor, TV screen, projector, or streaming media player that also supports Miracast. You can use this to share what you’re doing on your computer, present a slide show, or even play your favorite game on a larger screen.

Use the information in this document to connect your Miracast devices - Sharing Your Screen Using Miracast

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@PaulPeterson125 

Did you even bother to read the details -- Miracast is WIRELESS -- so there is no cable involved.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hi Kumar,

Thanks for the response. I have tried connecting using HDMI and it works perfectly. I do have HP support assistant and have installed all latest updates. I have also tested with other laptops and they can  connect to my TV without any issues. I am not sure but guess if there are any security issues/firewall settings that I have change ?

HP Recommended

@Kumar0307

Hi Kumar,

Thanks for the response. I have tried connecting using HDMI and it works perfectly. I do have HP support assistant and have installed all latest updates. I have also tested with other laptops and they can  connect to my TV without any issues. I am not sure but guess if there are any security issues/firewall settings that I have change ?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.