Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP LAPTOP 15-DB0025NL
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,

Please, could anyone try to explain me (in detail) possible differences fro those screens for my laptop?

1)My old screen : code NT156WHM-N32

2)The new screen : code NT156WHM-N42 V8.0

(Both 30pin for connector).

The vendor said they are "compatible", but it doesn't necessarily means that they has got the same features. (The sale announcement said the first code, but he sent to me the second one).

Then I would know if they has got all the same features, or not...and if so, which differences.

Please try to help/explain me 🙏

Have an happy new year!

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello @Fantozzi .
What is the supplier?
Please ask for the part number of the display with ID NT156WHM-N42 V8.0.

The screens that are compatible for your equipment are as follows:
HD, BrightView, non-touch L20379-001
HD, anti-glare, non-touch L20378-001
FHD, anti-glare, non-touch L20376-001

I am proudly Mexican, a Computer Systems Engineer and a community volunteer.
If you found the answer helpful and/or you want to say “thanks”? Click the “ Yes ” box below Did I help solve the problem? don´t forget to click “ Accept as a solution” , someone who has the same query may find this solution and be helped by it.

HP Recommended

Hi @GOLD_MASTER

I bought the second one from a shop on eBay (from Italy to Italy).

HP Recommended

Here's a pic with codes.

IMG_20220110_000109.jpg

HP Recommended

@Fantozzi .

If you have already installed it and there are no problems, then there is nothing to worry about.

I am proudly Mexican, a Computer Systems Engineer and a community volunteer.
If you found the answer helpful and/or you want to say “thanks”? Click the “ Yes ” box below Did I help solve the problem? don´t forget to click “ Accept as a solution” , someone who has the same query may find this solution and be helped by it.

HP Recommended

No, I've not, because first I would like to know if they have different resolution or what else, or if they have same features, just to know if order it by another supplier and return this new one if they have different qualities, or to install it having same features.

Thank you for your attention

HP Recommended

I found the answer by myself, if anyone need it, check the website https://m.panelook.com

Those are my two screen compared :

https://m.panelook.com/modelcompare.php?ids=25030,27723

They are compatible, but not really equal. Now I know the (little) differences.

Thank you all.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.