Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Laptop - 17t-by300
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I'm trying to connect a second monitor to my laptop using a HDMI cable.

But the colors on the second monitor is supersaturated and doesn't look normal.

I'm trying to adjust the settings on the second monitor but it doesn't work unless I add it as a 'second device' in the control panel.

I tried doing this but my laptop never detects the second monitor, even though it's working.

Is it not possible to adjust the monitor's setting since I'm connecting it to my laptop with a HDMI cable??

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@RoyalAlice, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

As I understand you need assistance with a dual-display setup and I'll be glad to help,

However, I need a few more details to provide an accurate solution:

Have you ensured both cables (DVI & HDMI) are working on alternate products and if the monitor is powered on and working?

Is this your first time setting up a dual display or have you been there, done that? 

Did you install the latest drivers for both your Nvidia graphics and your alternate monitor?

In the meantime, please follow the steps mentioned below:

Start with this YouTube instructions video: Click here

• Before you begin connecting additional monitors to your computer
  • Connecting a second display to your computer
  • Extending or duplicating the desktop onto a second monitor
  • Tips for multiple displays
  • Configuring the display with the display driver
  • Troubleshooting TV setup as a second monitor

Click here for more steps and details.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.