Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy 17-u108ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Greetings,

I plugged my TV into my laptop using an HDMI cable, but the TV screen flickers constantly. I'm not sure where to begin.

My Envy has a native resolution of 1920 x 1080, but my TV has a resolution of 3840 x 2160 (exactly double). Microsoft suggests reinstalling the driver, but Device Manager doesn't show the display adapters being in an error state.

How can I troubleshoot this issue?

Thanks,
Shane.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Shanester Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the Second screen flicking.

Have you tried with a different HDMI cable?

Try updating the computer, this will install the latest updates -

Step 1 Windows Updates -

1) In the search box, type, and open Windows Updates.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Step 2 Install updates using HP Support Assistant

1. In the search box, type, and open HP Support Assistant. 
  2. Check for updates. 
  3. If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.  

Note: If you do not have HP Support Assistant installed, Click here to download the same.

Please refer to the below link to troubleshoot.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01186408

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Sorry for my delay in replying.

I have most Windows Updates. The only one I don't have is the May 2020 Feature Update. Windows says "The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. Once it's ready for your device, you'll see the update available on this page." I have all HP updates.

Thanks for the article. I also found another article with advanced troubleshooting steps.

Device manager is showing two display adapters:

Intel(R) HD Graphics 620
NVIDIA GeForce 940MX

Why do I have two display drivers?

Thanks,
Shane.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.