Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 15 laptop

Everytime I use my laptop I have to adjust the screen size  several times as it increases (or decreases) the page size.  I understand it has to do with the heels of my hand touching the touchpad mouse but that is the way I type.  I use an external mouse and don't intentionally use the built-in touch pad at all.  Can I turn it off or at least decrease its sensitivity? I never had this problem with my old Toshiba laptop.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

I don't know what is your HP 15. Please try:

(a) Open Control Panel,

(b) Select Mouse

(c) Tick Disable .....

(d) Click Apply then Ok

touch.png

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

I don't know what is your HP 15. Please try:

(a) Open Control Panel,

(b) Select Mouse

(c) Tick Disable .....

(d) Click Apply then Ok

touch.png

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I understand the above answer to the guy who has an external mouse. I use the internal mouse but the screen size changes (increases)  for no reason. Is there someway to keep it at 100% except when making copies or writing something that needs to fit.

HP Recommended

I'm having problems with  the screen size but I use an internal mouse. I would like my screen to be  100% except if I'm copying something or writing a letter. I use Mozilla Foxfire as my browser and to see Facebook and e-mail. I am having to go to the upper right hand corner of the screen (box with the 3 heavy lines in it) to change screen size back to 100%. Do you know how to make the screen semi-permanent.?

HP Recommended

@jeand1
Thank you for showing your interest in the HP Forums,
I’d like to help 🙂

As I understand you need assistance with the screen size issue,

I'd be happy to help, although, to provide an accurate solution i need more details:

Are you referring to the zoom in and out feature on firefox alone? If yes, Please follow the steps on this link for a solution: Click here

If that didn't help fix the issue you could also try this fix: Click here

When was the last time it worked fine?

What is the product number of this computer? (please don't share any personal information such as serial number or email ID).

Let me know how that pans out,
I hope you have a good day ahead,
And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.
Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.