Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP laptop 15-da0008
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello Friends

I have an HP laptop 15-da0008 running Windows 10 64 bit. The product number is 4BQ72UA#ABL

I would like to set up a second external monitor to further extend the display. I have already used the solitary HDMI port to connect it to the first external monitor. It has three USB ports (2 on the left and one on the right) but not anything else that could be used as far as I can see.

If anyone could point me in the right direction I'd be most grateful. Thank you!

Kind regards
MM

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Based on the following link/specifications for your laptop, t looks like your USB ports are "data transfer only," so I suspect you won't be able to use them for video:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06071079

(I've been investigating doing the same thing on my laptop, but mine has a USB Type-C port that does "DisplayPort 1.4," so I think I'll be able to do it. I'm waiting for a response, though, to my own forum post to make sure that's the case.)

Perhaps there's an HDMI docking station you can get, but I'm not knowledgeable about them. Good luck!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.