Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP 15 as014wm

Hey guys, joined this forum to see if anyone can help me out. I'm not too tech savvy so hopefully someone that know what they're talking about can help me. A couple of days ago I bought a new laptop after my old one died. I use this for school and personal use. I love the laptop. It's great. I bought it from Walmart so since it's new a couple of days old if I need to return it I can. But I just wanna see if this stuff is normal or not and if I'm being way to picky. I spent a lot of money on this and if something's wrong with it I wanna return it and exchange it while I can.

So the problem I'm having is the screen. This is the first time I've owned an HD laptop screen and especially one that's this thin. It's an IPS screen and a touch screen. Well i had some time yesterday to sit down and mess with the laptop and changed my wallpaper and it's a black wallpaper well I noticed the top left and right corners of the the screen there is some fade to yellow or white at the corners. So would this be IPS glow or back light bleed? I tried to take a good picture it's a little more noticeable in person but this is close. Also another question. This is a pretty thin laptop, the thinnest laptop I've ever owned and I noticed when I close the screen down when I'm done when my hand touches the metal lid on the back of the laptop while closing it the screen ripples, is that normal? I know usually when you touch a screen it ripples but I'm touching the back of it so just wanna be sure that's normal and not a bad screen? 

Sorry to be picky just want to make sure all these things are normal since it's new. I love the laptop and want to make sure it's okay. IMG_5984.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @Reederboy117

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I appreciate you taking the time to share your concern and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that there is a glow/bright patch on the top right and left corners of the computer screen.

I’d love to help!

I recommend you to boot to bios by tapping the F10 key on startup and check whether you see the glow in bios screen as well. If yes, then it might be an issue with the computer display and I recommend you to get the laptop replaced as you have mentioned that it is brand new.

If you do not see the glow in the bios screen then follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

http://hp.care/2peuByS

Let me know how it works and you have a good day ahead.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
When I enter bios it's a blue and grey screen and it a complete black screen so I can't tell if the glow is there or not. The glow only shows when I have a black screen.
HP Recommended

Hi @Reederboy117

I recommend you to follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

http://hp.care/2peuByS

Let me know how it goes.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
I don't think any of those options apply for something like this
HP Recommended

Hi @Reederboy117

I recommend you to update the bios and the graphics card driver from the below link and check.

http://hp.care/2nikIQ9

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.