Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Are you having HotKey issue? Click here for tips and tricks.
HP Recommended
HP Chromebook

I am trying to watch films from my Chromebook on my TV. I have connected by hdmi cable and set my Chromebook to mirror. I get the still image on screens but when i press to watch i get the sound on my TV but no pictures. Both my Chromebook and TV screens go black. Sound but no picture. I have checked and rechecked the lead and that is no problem. HELP PLEASE>

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Peter-28_S

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

You can connect your Chromebook to a monitor or TV with an HDMI, DisplayPort, DVI, or VGA port.
Show your Chromebook screen on your monitor

• At the bottom right, select the time.
  • Select Settings .
  • In the "Device" section, select Displays.
  • Select Mirror Built-in Display. Your screen will show on all connected monitors.

Tip: To view your Chromebook screen only on your monitor, press and hold Decrease brightness .

Adjust your screens

1. At the bottom right, select the time.
  2. Select Settings .
  3. In the "Device" section, select Displays.
  4. To adjust your Chromebook screen, select Built-in Display. To adjust your monitor screen, select the name of the monitor.
    • Make items on your screen smaller or larger: In the "Display size" section, choose an option.
    • Rotate the screen: In the "Orientation" section, choose an option.
  5. [Optional] Under your monitor tab, you can also:
    • Change screen sharpness: In the "Resolution" section, choose an option.

Tip: To quickly move windows or apps from one screen to another, on your keyboard, press Search  Alt + m.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.