Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Are you having HotKey issues? Click here for tips and tricks.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 15-df0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop (HP Spectre x360 15-df0xxx ) has a HDMI problem.

I can connect by HDMI with my home TV set

but not with my home monitor (i assumed it was because it is a old monitor)

but not with my old screens at work. assuming they were too old we have bought a new HP 27f screen and it has worked 

until it stoped working a few weeks ago - i have now a a long blinking 3 to 4 times a minute  and a constant blinking of thin black horizontal lines.

As well since a few weeks i have been unable to plug the laptop to my clients screen or projector via HDMI 

My home monitor remain black under any circumstances and claim to receive no signal. We could not even get a recognition of the monitor in the display settings. We have tried to make it work with one of your colleague from HP support 2 days ago. We updated the Bios and other drivers we ended up having the second screen recognized in the display settings but we did not manage to see anything on the screen our assumption was that my home screen was too old and thus broken. My TV screen at home is on the other hand recognized and work without problem. Since my work monitor screen was not around we had no way to test it until today.

Today the monitor at work (HP 27f) is blinking 2 to 3 times per minutes and is filled with unstable horizontal lines.

We have tested the cable and monitor on another laptop (HP OMEN) and it worked just fine. 

At this point I think we are having a problem with the graphic card.

I do not think it is a hardware problem because it is working without problem on my TV at home

I do not think it is a screen or cable problem as it is working fine with other laptop connected to it

Since the signal is reaching the screen (the hp 27f screen ), i suspect a  problem in the treatment of the output signal, specifically the frequency. the graphic card is  Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti with  Max-Q design.

If there is any fix, of if someone experience this problem and solved it that would be great. each day without an additional screen is a day i can not work properly (i use graphic and 3d  softwares, the laptop screen is way to small for my needs)

Thank you 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Jax9,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

Did you check with an alternate HDMI cable or another monitor to check if the issue is within the notebook?

Alternatively, I would suggest here is to update the Bios, Chipset and graphics card drivers on your PC either using HP support website, using this link or download it using HP Support Assistant.

To download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

You may also refer to this support document for - HP PCs - Troubleshooting HDMI Display and Sound Issues (Windows)

Let me know how it goes for further assistance!

That said, If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.