Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Spectre X360 13-4101dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a brand new X360 that suddenly doesn't want to switch to tablet mode when flipped around.  I have the setting checked to ask me before switching, but the prompt never comes up.  What am I doing wrong?

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Let me also add that I just restored this laptop to factory from the restore partition, and it STILL won't go into tablet mode when flipped fresh out of the box.  I also can't get the screen to rotate.  This can't be a software issue, it worked when I first purchaesed it!!!  What do I do???

HP Recommended

Getting random kudos, but still no answer.  Where the hell is HP support????

HP Recommended

Came here looking for this.  My HP Spectre  no longer switches to tablet mode.  Hoping someone from HP helps.  I only bought this thing 2 months ago.  Very disappointed.

HP Recommended

I've tried both restoring to factory and also a fresh install of Windows 10.  Not only will it not switch into tablet mode, I can't even use the rotate function.  The option is greyed out in both areas within the settings menus.

This is rediculous.  If I wanted a regular laptop, I would have boutht a regular laptop.  Not having these features renders a 2 in 1 completely useless.  I'ts becoming pretty evident that I'm not the only one with this issue.  The lack of response from HP support is pretty telling.

HP Recommended

Hi there is another post that might be a solution for this:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Windows-Tablets/Spectre-X360-Screen-rotation/td-p/5172398

Also there is a BIOS update that helps out, hope this resolves your problem

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue. The rotation started to fluxuate in reliability, and then completely stopped. Now it will not switch to tablet mode when I flip it to tent or tablet mode. 

HP Recommended

I think I found it. I had the same no rotation, keyboard etc. registry was also ok.

What was missing were the sensor devices in the device manager. There should be 2 HID sensor collections v2 and 2 HID advanced snsor collections. With mine they werent present (nice for a brand new...) 

So I  went to hp supoort driver downloads. I got the intel sensor one, downloaded and installed and it works like a charm. Even the keyboard and mouse are disabled☺

I am actually now onscreen typing which immediately popped up

HP Recommended

Where did you find the intel sensor? I have searched HP support driver downloads and intel and i cannot find the HID advanced sensor. Any advice would be appreciated as i am having the exact same problem.

HP Recommended

I've figured out that mine will start to work just after being opened from a blacked out lock screen.  Then within a few minutes it will not rotate. This also means that if I have it switched to tablet mode right after logging on, that it will not turn back to regular mode without waiting for the lock screen to black out ang log back in.  I just wish HP support would have some comment on this issue it's been several months now. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.