Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 13.5 inch 2-in-1 Laptop PC 14-ef0000 RCTO Base Model
Microsoft Windows 11

Mouse keeps jumping around.  I had to disable touchpad and can only work with external mouse which is not possible when out of the office.

Windows 11 Pro (build 22621.3447)

12th Gen i7-1255U 16 gb Ram

Product ID: 00355-60799-08277-AAOEM

Help!!!!!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Jlopez226,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd be happy to help you! 

I understand that you are facing issues with the Erratic Mouse.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your laptop?

As you mentioned the mouse pointer is erratic and jumping when you use the touchpad on your PC.

Try the steps recommended below.

Reduce the sensitivity of the touchpad and check if it helps.

Open Settings and go to Devices > Mouse & touchpad. Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click Additional mouse options.

The Mouse Properties window will open. Click the tab that lists labeled ELAN or Device Settings, where you'll see your touchpad listed under Devices. Click on the touchpad to select it and then click Enable. 

On the Mouse Properties windows, click the Pointer Options tab and play around with the slider for Select a pointer speed until you find a speed you can work with. You can also speed up or slow down the double-click speed; the slider for this setting can be found on the Buttons tab.

Try uninstalling the touchpad drivers from the device manager and install the latest touchpad drivers using HP support assistant and check if it helps.

If the issue still persists uninstall the touchpad drivers from the device manager and install the drivers using this link.

Also, check the hardware part of the keyboard and touchpad to isolate the issue. Click here

Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please mark this post as Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @Jlopez226,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd be happy to help you! 

I understand that you are facing issues with the Erratic Mouse.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your laptop?

As you mentioned the mouse pointer is erratic and jumping when you use the touchpad on your PC.

Try the steps recommended below.

Reduce the sensitivity of the touchpad and check if it helps.

Open Settings and go to Devices > Mouse & touchpad. Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click Additional mouse options.

The Mouse Properties window will open. Click the tab that lists labeled ELAN or Device Settings, where you'll see your touchpad listed under Devices. Click on the touchpad to select it and then click Enable. 

On the Mouse Properties windows, click the Pointer Options tab and play around with the slider for Select a pointer speed until you find a speed you can work with. You can also speed up or slow down the double-click speed; the slider for this setting can be found on the Buttons tab.

Try uninstalling the touchpad drivers from the device manager and install the latest touchpad drivers using HP support assistant and check if it helps.

If the issue still persists uninstall the touchpad drivers from the device manager and install the drivers using this link.

Also, check the hardware part of the keyboard and touchpad to isolate the issue. Click here

Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please mark this post as Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hello Elohi and thanks!

The erratic mouse is NOT when I use the touchpad.  It is constantly even when I'm using an external mouse.

My driver is Synaptics 19.5.35.94 dated 2023.02.13 and per Device Manager it is the best driver available

HP Recommended

Elohi,

The drivers on the site you referenced solved the problem.

Why does Device Manager nor Windows Update refer to these "improved" drivers?  Computer always said it had the best drivers......?

THANKS!

HP Recommended

Hi @Jlopez226,

Fantastic 🙂 I truly appreciate your time and patience in getting this issue resolved.  

Well! We will share this feedback with the concerned department😊 Thanks for bringing this to our notice. 

If you need further assistance, feel free to reach out to us. Take care.

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.