Tutor
10 4 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Spectre x360 External Display Detection

Spectre x360 13t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I got a new HP Spectre x360 13t (2018 gem-cut model). My external display is not detected when I connect to it using a USB-C to HDMI adapter. It would at least work intermittently when the Intel display drivers were at v. 24.20.100.6291. But now they have been updated to v. 24.20.100.6345 and the display is never detected. The screen just flashes when I connect the cable along with the device plugging sound but the other display remains blank.

I tried following the instructions for installing the newest drivers directly from Intel's website (v. 26.20.100.6890) but couldn't get it to work. The Intel installer throws up an error saying the installer is not supported on this machine. Is there some step that needs to be followed in the Device Manager?

It surprises me that a top-of-the-line product like this has a glaring issue which is compounded by the fact the display is small and an external display is very much required. Kindly help me resolve this issue.

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
20080 20031 1314 2088
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Spectre x360 External Display Detection

@Sarbashis,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

Have you tried to test this adapter on another computer and check if that works. 

Alternatively, try a different adapter. For more details, please make use of this support website - HP PCs, Tablets and Accessories - Using USB Type-C to Transfer Power and Data

Please share the product number of your PC to assist you better.

As you're trying to install the drivers from Intel website, I would recommend you install the drivers from HP website. 

Let's uninstall the display drivers from device manager. 

Use shortcut keys Win + X on Windows 10

Select Device Manager.

Expand the entry. Right-click the problematic device and select Uninstall device.

You may need to check the option Delete the driver software for this device, and then click the Uninstall button.

Now restart the computer and then update the Bios, and graphics card drivers from our HP support website, using this link.

If the issue persists, I would suggest here is to uninstall the HP Support Assistant from the control panel and then reinstall the latest version.

Download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

Let me know how it goes for further assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation