Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 13t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I got a new HP Spectre x360 13t (2018 gem-cut model). There is this intermittent issue where if the system is hibernating, and I press any key or the touchpad to wake it up, I can only see the HP boot logo with the rotating dots and then the screen goes blank. Like it appears that the screen turns off completely. The keyboard still remains active because when I press any key the backlight turns on but there is no way to get to Windows. I then have to hold down on the power button to forcibly power off the device.

Has anyone faced this issue? There are multiple posts out there but the most common solution is updating drivers, Windows which I have already done. My touchpad driver is also up to date according to the advisory here: https://support.hp.com/ca-en/product/hp-spectre-13-ap0000-x360-convertible-pc/23238155/document/c061...

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Sarbashis,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I recommend you run the power troubleshooter. 

Here is how it is done.

Press ‘Win + I’ shortcut keys to open Windows Settings app.

Click on ‘Update & Security’, then go to the ‘Troubleshoot’ section from the left-side menu.

Scroll downwards a bit and click on the ‘Power’ option.

Click on ‘Run the Troubleshooter’. It will start detecting the problems and if it founds, go ahead fixing it.

If you continue facing the issue, then follow the below steps.

On your keyboard, press ‘Windows key + R’ and type ‘Powercfg.cpl’ in it.

Hit the ‘Enter’ key to open power options in the control panel.

From the left-hand side, click on ‘Choose what the power buttons do’.

Then, click on the link ‘Change settings that are currently unavailable’.

From the bottom given power button options, uncheck the ‘Turn on fast startup’ option.

Click on the ‘Save changes’ button.

If the issue persists, follow the below steps.

Go to the ‘Start’ menu and type ‘Control panel’ then hit the ‘Enter’ key.

From the top-right filter, choose ‘Large icons’ and navigate to the ‘Power Options’,

Click and open the ‘Power options’.

Select the power plan according to your requirement and click on ‘Change plan settings’.

Click on ‘Change advanced power settings’.

In the power options windows, click on the button ‘Restore plan defaults’.

Click on ‘Apply’ and then ‘OK’ button.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

None of the solutions worked! I had to reset Windows and install all of my software again. I'm still testing it out to see if the issue persists. I think this is related to the issue where Windows does not wake up when the touchpad is pressed. However I have the latest BIOS update installed (F.31) as mentioned in that advisory so that issue should be fixed.

HP Recommended

@Sarbashis,

I recommend you test the computer and check if everything is working fine.

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This is an old thread but this issue has appeared again. I have the latest touchpad drivers installed as indicated by this link. I would like to add that I upgraded to Windows v1909 a few days ago. In the link above, I cannot see any version of the driver specific for this version of Windows. Please inform someone from the driver team at HP to add the updated driver.

HP Recommended

@Sarbashis,

Please let me know the product number for your computer and I will check the available drivers for your computer.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.