Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
spectre x360 QHD 6th gen i7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I got my new Spectre X360 QHD, and initialy the display was looking little bit tinted. But after Windows 10 was updated to version 1511 and HP pushed its new Display driver 20.19.15.4360 it looked little better. But I still think its bit yellowish.

Have anyone experianced the same? If so what is the display calibration you are using?

I tried to change blue to +16 and it looked lettle better. I took 2 pic of the screen with default and changed calibration. Here it is.

My laptop specification is:-

CPU:- intel core i7 6500

ram - 8gb

display card:- Intel HD 520

Display type:- QHD

diplay driver:- 20.19.15.4360 

brightness 70%

With blue plus 16 (2).jpg

Default (2).jpg

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello @ssubhasis,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I have read your post and understand that the screen on your HP Spectre x360 appears to be a little bit yellowish. I am happy to help you resolve this issue. First, please perform a hard reset. Once that is complete, please follow the steps in this document:

HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)

If the document did not help you resolve the issue, try restoring the BIOS and then check for Windows updates. For more specific information please provide your product model using this link to find the product.

Thank you, I look forward to your response with the outcome.

If this post has helped you, show your appreciation by selecting the thumbs up!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi HP Support Team,

I looked at the links that you have provided and tried to do hard reset but it did not help. Screen still looks yellowish.

The other link says the following:-

1. install latest windows - I have all the windows 10 updates

2. uninstall adobe flash player and re-install it-  I dont have that installed

3. BIOSand Graphics driver update - I have both of it installed from HP. diplay driver:- 20.19.15.4360. BIOS - F.2FAp1. Please let me know whether that is the one i should use

4. Update from HP assistance - I have all of them installed.

Other thing you asked to restore BIOS. But when i purchased the Laptop with the Old BIOS then also it looked same. Should I revert BIOS? I though the new BIOS was to improve battery life?

My product number:- N5S04UA#ABA

Also I just faced automatic touch/ghost touch on my laptop spcreen. Adding the video i took.

Let me know what should I do? If i face this again and not fixed I am going to return this to best buy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6t4VDAiFDQw

HP Recommended

Hello @ssubhasis,

Thank you for the reply!

Did you try installing the Adobe flash player to see if that helps?
Those do appear to be the most update to date drivers, you can try installing a previous version to see if the symptoms change.
Restoring the BIOS is to see if the issue changes, if it is resolved the previous BIOS update didn't complete correctly and should be attempted again.

Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver Version : 10.18.15.4279 Rev.A

If you are still experiencing issues with the screen you can contact HP Support.

Contact HP Worldwide

Try the following document for the touch screen issues.

HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 10)

Thank you.

If this post has helped you, show your appreciation by selecting the thumbs up!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I tried all the steps you asked. Restoring BIOS, reverting to old driver, calibrating touch screen from BIOS & Windows. None of it worked.

When I disabled the touch screen from device manager automatic touch was not happening. I tested this 1 day. next day when i enabled the touch screen it was jumping again. So its a faulty touch screen. If you watch the video closely its not a jump because of touchpad. Looks like screen is holding some static charge and touch is happening. Its mostly happening at upper left portion.

I had a chat with HP Support and they asked me to return the item. Even HP case manager also called and asked to return the item. Said this things should not happen in a new laptop. 

I returned this item to BestBuy and got a FHD instead of QHD.

Regarding the yellowish color of screen it's the screen of QHD having tint. I checked in store, compared FHD with QHD (keeping both of them side by side) and on a white screen (blank notepad) you can distinguish the color difference (both had same brightness). So its a generic issue that all the QHD have this kind of color tone.

I will not suggest anyone to buy the QHD untill HP fixes the screen quality.

In this new one (FHD) white looks proper white. lets see how this one turns out altogether.

HP Recommended

Hello @ssubhasis,

Very odd that was happening with a newer notebook.

I hope this one works out for you!

Thank you.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Realize your posts are from February, but I just the Spectre x360 7th gen i7 512ssd 16g ram and having the same problem with the white screens looking yellow.  You mentioned you returned it and went with the FHD.  Is that the special addition verison that best buy sells with the gold trim or a different model?  I've been going round and round with which 13.3 2 in 1 I should own.  Thanks for any input if you get this message.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.