Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Are you having HotKey issues? Click here for tips and tricks.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 15-u110dx, HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I own both HP ENVY x360 15-u110dx  and ENVY x360 m6-w103dx, and I would like to ask if there is a compatible active stylus available for these two models. Not much info was given on these two models, even if when I looked into the compatibility chart posted in the previous forums 😞 

There is a "Pen & Windows ink" feature in my settings, so I was wondering what this was for, if there isn't a compatible active stylus available for this laptop. 

penandwindowsink.jpg

If there is not an active stylus available for my two laptops, then would anyone be kind enough to recommend a decent passive stylus? Also, would my laptop be able to ignore my hand's touch input when I'm using the pen?

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@bluebird9922 

ENVY x360 m6-w103dx > product introduced September 2015 

HP ENVY x360 15-u110dx > product introduced February 2015

Neither of these products are listed in the Compatibility document and do not (at this writing) support an active stylus.

Reference

Active Stylus - Compatibility Document

Search the document for a compatible stylus and find additional information about stylus support.

HP PCs - Touchscreen Compatibility with Pen and Stylus

• If there is an HP Active Stylus available for your model, it should be included in the document.
  • If you are unsure of the model series, click open the appropriate category (Consumer or Business class systems), peruse the list to find supported models.
  • Pen(s) compatible with your computer are marked with a “checkmark” to the right of your computer model, in the column(s) under the Pen name / description(s).
  • Additional information can sometimes be found in Advisory Documents for your computer.
  • The document is updated as new information becomes available.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Any passive stylus will work in the same manner - these fat-tipped pens work as would your finger when the tip is applied to the display screen.

In general, pick whatever passive pen suits your hand and your sense of style.

Passive pens do not prevent your hand making incidental contact with the screen. 

Reminders

• Passive pen is not the same thing as an active stylus.
  • Passive pen does not act like an art pencil.
  • Passive pen does not interact with Windows Ink.
  • Passive pen can be used on the desktop -- open icons, menus, activate programs.
  • Passive pen does not have a battery nor does it contain any electronics used to interface with the screen. 
  • Capacitive / Passive pen tips are "fat" to allow the pen to cover enough of the screen area to activate the "touch".  (See article below for actual terms and definitions.)
  • Use your favorite search engine -- search for "active stylus versus capacitive stylus"

One example:

Artist Guide to Active vs Capacitive Styluses

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.