Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
09-24-2019 03:26 PM
I recently bought a HP Envy x360 Convertible laptop (13-ar0501sa), it did not come with a stylus pen however you can buy one and connect it via Bluetooth. I bought an active HP stylus pen and connected it to my laptop but it does not work since it is not compatible. What pen is compatible with my laptop?
09-27-2019 01:55 PM
The compatibility tables are updated regularly, so if you recently purchased a new touch screen computer that you think should be listed, check back for updates.
Older PCs are not compatible with newer pens, so older PCs will not be listed in the table.
If your model is not listed but features a touch screen, it is still compatible with a passive stylus.
Passive styluses do not require batteries, do not have any configurable options, and do not use specific pen software.
While you check that out, I've taken the liberty of listing out the details you need to identify the accurate part since its not on the compatible parts list from the above link:
I suggest you get yourself a passive stylus (also known as capacitive and inductive stylus) functions the same as your finger on the screen. Passive styluses do not require batteries, do not have any configurable options, and do not have specific pen software. Passive styluses work on any touch screen device.
Also, There are no specific issues with stylus as off now.
P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉
I hope that answers your query,
If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow,
And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.
Have a great day ahead.
I am an HP Employee
11-29-2019 12:26 PM
HP envy x360 model 13 - ar0501sa
I've looked through your customer questions, searched the data base, and nothing is clear.
Please give a simple answer:
Which HP (or alternative supplier) stylus pen works with this lap top?
I have a surface pro pen which I can link to the computer but it isnt recognised. I dont want to buy any more pens that will not work
12-02-2019 10:46 AM
@adderw Alright, let me clarify: There doesn't seem to be an active stylus compatible with your device as per the details I mentioned earlier,
Please go ahead and get a passive stylus of any brand and it should work just fine.
I hope that helps!
I am an HP Employee
01-14-2020 10:19 AM
I have a similar problem and am confused about pen compatibility:
My laptop, x360 13-ar0501sa, is not listed as supporting any active pen here https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c05166879
1) This page https://store.hp.com/UKStore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=1MR94AA&opt=UUF&sel=ACC does list my laptop model as compatible with the HP Pen
2) in my task manager, I see HP Tilt Pen software running in the background and affecting the start-up speed
3) This page https://support.hp.com/gb-en/product/hp-envy-13-ar0000-x360-convertible-pc/26084836/model/29346975/d... suggests that all Windows 10 laptops can be used with a bluetooth-connected pen and that you can change in Windows what the buttons of the pen do
4) Another page from HP (can't find again) said that I just need to install driver software to get pens to work
Which is true? Will the HP Pen or the HP tilt pen work with my laptop?
Thank you for your help!
- out of stock) but now I ask many and get conflicting answers. No links are working and the world is ending. Ugh I just want to friggin draw
- thank you for pointing this out. Why was I told my 15cn1073wm was compatible with an awesome active pen in the HP store (which is now
- with a precision pen that makes my 1k dollars purchase worth it
- Yep. I was ALSO told my $900 HP ENVY x360 13.3" Model 13-ay0055cl was compatible with groovy pens and great for drawing and now can't find anything compatible.