Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP pavilion g6-1040se
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,  I need some help or instructions about my situation. I have a problem looking for the switchable graphics options for my laptop. The integrated GPU is Intel HD graphics ironlake and the discrete GPU is AMD Radeon HD 7400M series. The original OS of this laptop is Windows 7 64-bit. I upgraded my OS into Windows 10 64-bit. After installing the drivers needed for my laptop, I noticed the Configure Switchable Graphics options is missing, even the AMD Catalyst Control Center. I installed the CCC successfully, but the switchable graphics options for AMD is missing. Now, every time I am running a high graphics content (such as video streaming) the laptop will automatically switch to the AMD graphics card. I notice this because the screen will flicker severally. However, several minutes after ending the high graphics content, the laptop attempts to switch back to the intel GPU card automatically. But sometimes this may fail and I get a blue screen alerting me that Video time delay has failed. Also, I cannot select the switchable graphics from the desktop option because it is missing. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Go to Windows settings > Display > Graphics settings

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@brumah

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

This should help you: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03048374

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello. Sorry for the late reply. I read through the linked content about notebook pcs. I still cannot determine whether my GPUs are fixed or switchable. This is because the ccc has no option for switchable graphics settings. It looks nowhere near the ccc in windows 7. I have attached a screenshot of the UI. My current ccc is AMD-Catalyst-15.11.1Beta-64Bit-Win10 but am not sure its the correct version. I cannot set any switchable settings whatsoever. It happens automatically, but it keeps on failing.screenshot.jpg

HP Recommended

Let's uninstall the display drivers:

1) In the search box on the taskbar, type Device Manager, and then select Device Manager from the list of results.

2) In Device Manager, expand Display Adapter.

3) Right-click on the Display Adapter, and then select Uninstall device > Delete the driver software for this device check box > Uninstall.

4) Restart the computer.  

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for replying. I followed you instructions, the laptop automatically installed the GPU drivers but again, did not install the CCC. 

HP Recommended

Go to Windows settings > Display > Graphics settings

HP Recommended

Thank you. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.