Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-ae0xx
I'm running Windows 10 version 10.0.19043 Build 19043

For the last week I've been having issues with my touchpad.

First it would occasionally stop working, no response to touch or clicks, but restarting would fix the issue.

Now it's stopped working permanently.

I've tried restarting the computer multiple times,
I've uninstalled and reinstalled the existing driver, tried the default windows driver, as well as other drivers from the HP website for my device model.

None of these work. I can use an external mouse fine but my touchpad is completely unresponsive.

I've also tried multiple Fn keys that have been suggested in various forums and disabling and re-enabling the touchpad altogether.

Does anyone else have  a solution to this?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi@Dorianscale, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand that touchpad has stopped working on your PC.

As you mentioned that touchpad is not getting listed in the device manager.

Have you tried checking with an external mouse? Does the external mouse work?

BIOS is updated?

Please try the steps recommended below.

Click the Device Settings or the Click Pad Settings tab of Mouse Properties. If you have a Synaptic device, the tab includes the Synaptic icon. 

Select the desired touchpad under the Devices list, and then click either Enable to turn on the device.

On some touchpads, you can turn the Touchpad on or off by double-tapping in the upper-left corner of the Touchpad. Double-tap to turn the Touchpad on, repeat to turn the Touchpad off.

Refer to this article to further troubleshoot touchpad issues.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Hi Praveenbv

I already answered most of these questions in my original post.

Yes external Mice work fine.

I've installed all available updates

I mentioned already that I tried disabling and enabling the touch pad through mouse settings,

I also went through the available troubleshooting articles trying to solve this.

In any case the touchpad started working on it's own after a few days and I don't know why

HP Recommended

Hi@Dorianscale

We suspect it was a windows update that might be pending that might cased issue.

Let me know if you need any other assistance and I'd be happy to help 🙂 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.