Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-ac153ne
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've taken screenshot on my laptop and the screenshot is not being saved to the gallery, i.e,onedrive photos. the screenshots are not at all being saved from  few months.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Are you pressing WinKey and PRTSCN to make the screenshots?

Let me know,

David

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi,

Are you pressing WinKey and PRTSCN to make the screenshots?

Let me know,

David

HP Recommended

Windows includes the "Snipping Tool" application, which lets you take a screen-shot of all (or part) of what you see, and save the image.  Please try it.

-----------

Welcome to this forum.

Please click the purple/white "Thumbs Up" icon for every response that is helpful.

Also, please click "Accept As Solution" for the best response.

HP Recommended
Uh, no i'm using FnKey+Alt+prtsc
HP Recommended

OK.

FnKey+Alt+prtsc  will save an image of the active Windows to the clipboard. You will then need to open a program such as paint, Word... to paste the picture and then save it.

WinKey+Prtsc will save a screen shot to your images folder (pictures)

Hope it helps,

David

HP Recommended
Thanks for the support, but my laptop model doesn't have WinKey.
HP Recommended

It does not have the key with windows symbol on it between the Fn key and the Alt key on bottom left of keyboard?

HP Recommended
Oh! Yes I've got it yes the screenshots are being saved.
Thank you.
HP Recommended

Your welcome.

Let me know if you need further help.

All the best,

David

Please click on accept as solution if answered your question

HP Recommended

I use screenshot for personal and business use several times daily. It stopped working on June 15. Previously all I had to do was press the "prt sc" button. I tried what you said to do, the WinKey+Prtsc but that doesn't work either.  HELP?

@iomare wrote:

WinKey+Prtsc will save a screen shot to your images folder (pictures)

Hope it helps,

David

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.