Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 15-ch011dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My hp spectre's touch pad has lifted on three sides and won't stay down.  It is causing problems and can't be used.  What is causing it to lift?  Who can repair it and how?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @Carrie46 

@Carrie46 wrote:

My hp spectre's touch pad has lifted on three sides and won't stay down.  It is causing problems and can't be used.  What is causing it to lift?  Who can repair it and how?

Attention, this is dangerous !

The battery inside the notebook could be swollen !

Please check and repair immediately !

In your case: Service is required !
- The computer should be disassembled and checked

- Battery replacement ! ( My guess in this case )

If you can't do that, you should have it serviced by a professional notebook repair shop.

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️

Do this on the post I wrote that helped solve it.

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

Hi, @Carrie46 

Most likely the cause of the problem is a swollen battery that is getting worse and is now deforming the notebook's exterior.

I recommend that you remove the battery and get it replaced as soon as possible,

Below is the link to the service manual, where you can find the battery removal and replacement procedure.

NB_MSG_Baystars_1_0_L11173-001 (hp.com)

If you don't want to fix it yourself, I recommend you take your notebook in to a local PC repair shop and see if they can fix it for you.

See this link regarding battery swelling...

HP Notebook PCs - Swelling or deformation of notebook battery | HP® Customer Support

See what steps you can take to try and prevent that from happening in the future...

HP Notebook PCs - Lithium-Ion Batteries | HP® Customer Support

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.