Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
15-f211wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

There are two places on the touchscreen where it acts as if a finger is pressing on it. Very often the cursor gets stuck & it will not release. Sometimes you can use your finger to pull the cursor away. But, many times it will go right back, after a few minutes.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi@Starky57,

Thanks for using the HP Forums. One Stop for all sort of solutions for your HP Products

I have read your post and understand that the spots on the screen are causing the erratic movement of the mouse pointer. Is that, right?

This appears to be a screen damage. However, I request you to share the screenshot of the screen on your PC to understand it the right way and help you in the right direction in finding the solution.

This should solve the issue.  Let me know for more solution.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Here is a capture of the issue. It shows two spots, as if a finger is touching the screen. When the screen is idle, the cursor will show in the upper circle. Tonight I had to use the touch pad & the screen, to get the cursor off the upper circle. When idle, the cursor shows on the upper circle, & will appear as normal when in use. And goes back to the circle when finger is lifted. The cursor stops working sporatically, & it takes several attempts to get it to move from the circle, again. Thanks!

Untitled.jpg

HP Recommended

@Starky57

Thank you for the update,
I appreciate your time and efforts,

I recommend you run a quick hardware test on the touchscreen to determine the issue by clicking here for instructions,

If the test fails, I request you to make a note of the failure ID and contact HP for a hardware replacement.

If the test passes, You may need to reinstall the graphics card drivers and update to the latest version via HP's official website for Softwares and download: Click here

Let me know how that pans out, 

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with your and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

On the component tests page "power" is selected. The selection will not change with the arrow keys or the touchpad. You have to use your finger, & it takes several tries. When I did get to the "drag and drop test, I could not drag any of the rectangles, because the cursor is stuck. In the touch pointer test, only 25 of the squares responded to my touch. And three of those turned blue, without touching them at all.

HP Recommended

@Starky57

Thank you for the update,

The fact that it didn't work on the test screen as well, 

Confirms that this is a hardware failure.

I would recommend you contact the HP Phone support for a hardware service as the touchscreen needs a replacement,

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone numberCase number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Keep me posted for any other assistance,

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.