Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Are you having HotKey issue? Click here for tips and tricks.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Laptop 15-EG0006NB

Hey Guys,

I want to buy an thunderbolt 3 docking station for my laptop but not sure if it support this.

I have a Pavilion Laptop 15-EG0006NB.

In the manueel it says it has a :

SuperSpeed ​​USB Type-C® port with 10 Gb/s data rate (USB powered, DisplayPort™ 1.4, HP Sleep and Charge)

Also a little lighting icon next to the usb C...(see picture below)

Screenshot_20220110-152740_Messenger.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Kevin738116 

Its specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c07058167

It does not have any port called Thunderbolt™ 3. The USB-C port on the photo is simply  a SuperSpeed USB Type-C® 10Gbps signaling rate (USB Power Delivery, DisplayPort™ 1.4, HP Sleep and Charge) port

Thunderbolt docks won't work with your machine. I tested an HP USB-C Gen 5 dock on a similar machine and it worked perfectly. I'm using an HP USB-C Gen 5 dock now on another different machine and very happy with the result.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thx for the advice !!! 😉

HP Recommended

I am confused....

Displayport 1.4 in the manueel but not the logo for video output next to the usb c connector....

Do i have video output over the usb c (to hdmi or use a regular docking station) or not? 🤔🤔🤔

Thx for the support guys !

HP Recommended

@Kevin738116 

I did say

1. Its USB-C port supports video out using USB-C monitor or USB-C to DP monitor.

2. I also did mention HP USB-C Gen 5 dock. You can get single cable setup when using this dock.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.