Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Just for clarification purposes -- there are two types of HP pens for the x360 line: the regular pen, which is an active pen but does not have bluetooth or tilt function, and uses one non-rechargeable (replaceable) AAAA battery; and the Tilt pen, which is active, and has bluetooth and tilt function (only when connected via bluetooth, apparently), and which is rechargeable using a USB-C cable (a major reason why I bought it).

Unlike some, my x360 15T did not come with a USB-C adapter or USB-C cable of any sort, which might be OK since it was just bundled with the regular non-rechargeable pen, but since I got such a nice pen-friendly laptop, I decided to spring for a Tilt pen also, and trying to figure out how to charge it has been a major pain, since the only reference in the official documentation to how to charge it says to use the USB-C charger that came with the computer (which mine did not have as shipped -- only the regular AC adapter). It also warns not to use Thunderbolt cables, so I had to buy a regular USB-C cable, and now I've finally got it charging (which is why I came here today -- to get an idea how long it takes to charge).

HP needs to do a major overhaul of the documentation for this line of computers and the pens, as it seems like there are many (conflicting) answers (for both the pens and the USB-C charging for the computers) coming from documentation and support staff, while the bulk of the useful information is coming from reviews and user posts across the entire internet, but also with some conflicting (and sometimes incorrect) answers.

Despite past good support experience with my previous HP laptops, my most recent buying and use/support experience has been comparatively dismal and is making me reconsider future purchases from HP.

HP Recommended

Dear HP,

I also have this problem with my HP Tilt Pen - every time I want to use it I find that it has no battery left.  Clearly this is frustrating many users of this product.

Please confirm whether:

a) this is how the pen was designed and it is working as intended, or

b) it is a product fault and should not run out of battery so quickly, or

c) it is a user fault - maybe there is an off switch which none of us have been able to find?

Many thanks,

Simon

HP Recommended

This turns the bluetooth off but it doesn't turn the pen off and the battery still runs down by itself very quickly.

HP Recommended

Hi, I have the same problem

If there is any solution, I would like to know it too.

I have just bought my tilt pen and I am really disappointed.

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.