Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 15-bs070wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So  Recently I Did a Fresh Install through Windows 10 using the EFI push button, and Suddenly my laptop is No longer recognizing Tablet Mode, the PCI Express Module's have dropped in number, and no longer supporting AHCI mode, and the "Touch" Screen no longer responds to my touch, unless i'm in the (shift + Restart) EFI menu, 

HP Notebook 15-bs070wm (aka) Hp Notebook 15 (aka) HP Jaguar.

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2701 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s),

BaseBoard Product = 832A Rev  = 23.78

Embedded Controller Version 23.78

Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.19041.488"

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB

BIOS Version/Date Insyde F.65, , , ,SMBIOS Version 3.0, , ,BIOS Mode UEFI
Platform Role Mobile.

Thank you; for your time and consideration. If I'm helped.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@lokii_35

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are facing multiple issues with the computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and perform an HP cloud recovery and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c06162205

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Everytime I have tried it gets 99% says error and erase's all data. And the USB needs reconfigured or it won't even work, I did see it get to 100% once but the same result. I did WiFi and hardline, but every time I checked the logs, it said I couldn't connect to server, or ran out of time. Or a configuration error, because I'm running it off of a sata m.2 ssd ct500mx500ssd4 by "Crucial by micron" and I geuss even though it started in AHCI mode with SATA3 connection the m.2 port wasn't listed on the Motherboard or even in the system. So the laptop knows it's a disk drive. But it doesn't recognize the make model or manufacturer, and after hp service installed a new motherboard my BIOS had been in ide mode ever since. 😞

HP Recommended

@lokii_35

I recommend you contact support to further diagnose the issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I really did hope that people would read the things I write. I do Believe I mentioned my warranty has ran out. And with you being an HP employee..? You should know how they handle non-warrantied issues and items. They ignore you they send you off to dead ends unconnected lines or never return email.. and even with the "smart friend" with whom I was pushed into calling over and over again;(only after the third time someone tried to push them on me they actually told me about the billing for it the other two didn't.) they had to return my money because they couldn't figure it out. That is why I'm in this forum because I can no longer actually trust HP employees from every time I've talked to them every time I have gotten help from them, or every time they have assisted me, they never solved one issue or worked on the one I was complaining about when I sent it out they never even told me what they fixed I didn't know till I got it back it was never updated or anything I sent it out because of the BIOS not because of the CPU not because of the motherboard and not because of the battery which have all been replaced by factory warranty without my concent and without my knowledge and when they returned my motherboard and CPU they never attached the M.2 to the board like you're supposed to but the screw was there where it was supposed to be and it's not a screw listed and it's not a screw that's originally in there so why couldn't they screw down the m.2?

As for a solution, I I slightly figured it out. I just reinstalled Windows 10 three more times it's working again. So the .dll that lost its programming just got reinstalled and I made sure to back everything up triple this time. So give me a thumbs up if you like my solution. 🙂

HP Recommended

@lokii_35

I am sorry for the inconvenience. I am glad to hear that the issue is resolved.

Take Care!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@ The_Fossette, 1st off I would like to apologise, I've dealt with many who state first off that my system doesn't support M.2 SATA SSD, right after I tell them I'm running Windows 10 OS on the M.2 SATA SSD, and I've been told by employee's that my laptop doesn't support AHCI or SATA or raid configuration, but when I first got it in 2016 it did all those. It ran a 5700 HDD with SATA 3 in AHCI/RAID, so I bought a m.2 and it ran. Never was able to get it identified as a m.2 or SSD but it did what it was supposed to,  Now I noticed why it's never identified correctly, "stornvme.sys .ini .inf" was hidden in the windowsxs files, with hp as it's writer. 5 years and not 1 person has said squat about using a NVMe vs M.2,  and I did take allot of that frustration out on you, so I sincerely apologise for snapping and being rude. I appreciate the fact that you did try to help, but being 5yrs no hp support can or will actually help for the 1hr phone chat I'm allowed once a week. [That's how nice they are about your warranty being expired]. And I release now I never mentioned that, I did in several other abandoned forum threads though. I realize your attempting to help many other people as well. So thank you for dillagence and perseverance! Keep up your great work! 

HP Recommended

@lokii_35

Thank you!

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.