Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion x360 G2F98PA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good day! I would like to ask regarding Touch Screen Issue of my HP Pavilion x360. Since updating to Windows 10 Build 1703, the touch screen functionality was lost. I can't even use it anymore. I tried to boot using HP Hardware Diagnostics, it's working. Is there any workaround for this issue? Thanks!

Screenshot (200).png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

HI @Wrathfrancein,

Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums.  After reading your post I see that you require assistance regarding touchscreen issues. It will be a delight to assist you here.:)

Superb analysis and brilliant diagnosis of the issue before posting. 🙂 Kudos to you on that score. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:

• Did this happen only after installing Windows 10 on your computer?
  • Did it work correctly before this?
  • Did you check in device manager if the drivers are correctly installed?

For a start please try these steps:

• Please run diagnostics on the computer for the touchscreen from this link: https://support.hp.com/lt-en/document/c03467259 and run the UEFI component tests to eliminate any hardware issues with it.
  • Please check if the touchscreen responds here.
  • If it does not respond, then the touchscreen has a hardware issue and it needs to be replaced by contacting HP phone support.

If diagnostics pass please perform these steps:

• Please use HP support assistant to update the bios, chipset and graphics drivers and all other drivers from this link: ps://support.hp.com/lamerica_nsc_carib-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-11-n000-x360-pc-series/6796818/model/6883182 and check if it gets fixed.
  •  
  • If it does not please follow all the prescribed steps from this link: https://support.hp.com/lamerica_nsc_carib-en/product/hp-pavilion-11-n000-x360-pc-series/6796818/mode...   for touchscreen related issues. Please follow the guided troubleshooter and other relevant steps that best match your current issue.

If it still persists, please contact HP phone support to get the computer serviced.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

• Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.
  • Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.
  • Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.
  • Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If the unit is under warranty, the manufacturer’s warranty should take care of it for you.

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, please. Going by your technical expertise and competence I am sure you will be able to perform these steps without breaking a sweat. 🙂

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

HI @Wrathfrancein,

Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums.  After reading your post I see that you require assistance regarding touchscreen issues. It will be a delight to assist you here.:)

Superb analysis and brilliant diagnosis of the issue before posting. 🙂 Kudos to you on that score. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:

• Did this happen only after installing Windows 10 on your computer?
  • Did it work correctly before this?
  • Did you check in device manager if the drivers are correctly installed?

For a start please try these steps:

• Please run diagnostics on the computer for the touchscreen from this link: https://support.hp.com/lt-en/document/c03467259 and run the UEFI component tests to eliminate any hardware issues with it.
  • Please check if the touchscreen responds here.
  • If it does not respond, then the touchscreen has a hardware issue and it needs to be replaced by contacting HP phone support.

If diagnostics pass please perform these steps:

• Please use HP support assistant to update the bios, chipset and graphics drivers and all other drivers from this link: ps://support.hp.com/lamerica_nsc_carib-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-11-n000-x360-pc-series/6796818/model/6883182 and check if it gets fixed.
  •  
  • If it does not please follow all the prescribed steps from this link: https://support.hp.com/lamerica_nsc_carib-en/product/hp-pavilion-11-n000-x360-pc-series/6796818/mode...   for touchscreen related issues. Please follow the guided troubleshooter and other relevant steps that best match your current issue.

If it still persists, please contact HP phone support to get the computer serviced.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

• Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.
  • Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.
  • Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.
  • Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If the unit is under warranty, the manufacturer’s warranty should take care of it for you.

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, please. Going by your technical expertise and competence I am sure you will be able to perform these steps without breaking a sweat. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Did this happen only after installing Windows 10 on your computer? - Yes. Touch Screen is working before this update.
Did it work correctly before this? - A big yes! Sadly after updating, the functionality was lost.
Did you check in device manager if the drivers are correctly installed? - that's what I'm curious about because the driver assigned to touch screen was lost. I don't know what happened. But I always performed HP Diagnostics during boot and to my surprise, it's working. Don't know what to do.

Hoping for your response.
HP Recommended

Hi @Wrathfrancein,

Please follow the steps mentioned in the links from my earlier post and it should fix the issue for you. You've been great to work considering your profound technical expertise. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

HiI @Wrathfrancein,

I thank you greatly for accepting this as a solution. It has been an absolute privilege to share this platform with a customer that has displayed great credentials as a technician. The copious troubleshooting and investigations performed by you could have turned even Sherlock Holmes green with Envy! 🙂 Fantastic effort. Kudos to a job very well done. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

Take care now, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Intel General-Purpose InputOutput GPIO Host Controller Driver 603.9600.1948.28229 sp65412

Type:

Driver-Chipset

Version:

Operating systems:

Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Release date:

Feb 21, 2014

File name:

sp65412.exe

(1.0 MB)

Description:

This package provides the Intel General-Purpose Input/Output (GPIO)Host Controller Driver which enables devices that require the useof GPIO pins on the system. This package is provided for supportednotebook models running a supported operating system.

THIS DRIVER WILL HELP YOU TO REGAIN YOUR TOUCH ACCESS....YOU CAN INSTALL THIS ON BOTH WIN 8.1 and WIN 10 64-BIT

[edit]

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.