Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
x360 pavilion 14-ba0
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Ever since a few weeks back I first noticed that my screen brightness control keys (F2 & F3) took a while to respond to each keystroke & a few days later since noticing this fact I got my first BSOD with the subtitle DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. Then from then on my laptop began to crash randombly when being used. After researching and doing a thousand different things which are listed next I got my laptop to a usable & stable state where it no longer crashes randombly when usage BUT here are the following symptoms that I am currently experimenting:

• When booting up windows the system takes ~10 minutes to boot on a freaking SSD!
  • When windows finally boots up the screen brightness hotkey no longer work.
  • When windows initially boots the battery isn't recognize & it marks 255% of charge available (What?)
  • Sometimes the network wireless adapter fails randombly (Unusual but has happened)
  • The touch is constantly switching between being active & inactive.
  • Even viewer is constantly alerting of a ACPI error.
  • Restarting takes about 3 minutes to reach the initial hp logo screen with the spinning circles (and from there it takes it another 10 minutes to boot!).
  • Shutting down windows does not work at all (the system gives up trying to shut down normally and performs a power reset on itself!).

Now the things that I did:

• SFC cmd command.
  • chkdsk command.
  • DISM restore image command.
  • Removing the screen drivers.
  • Upload BIOS.
  • Upload everything else.

I hope someone can help me pinpoint the possible cause for an operating system that takes 10 minutes to boot on a SDD!

Please tell me my MoBo isn't damaged 😭😭

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.