Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 360x m3 u103dx

I bought my HP Pavilion 360x less than 2 weeks ago and ever since I've owned it the Touchpad has not been working & I don't know what to do? The touchpad is acting like it's constantly being clicked, so it'll highlight anything I go over when I'm using it or it'll drag the screen around if the mouse is at top of the screen. It does this about 80% of the time I try using the Touchpad. At first it seemed like 100% of the time which is why I delayed bringing it back to the store because I thought it was getting better, but clearly it is not.

I tried reading through the HP Forums & made the Touch Sensitivity "Heavier" but that made no difference. Other than that, I could not find any forum related to my problem (or due to my limited PC knowledge, I was scared to install/uninstall things because I wasn't positive what the problem was).

If anyone knows what I should do, I would really appreciate it! Thank you 🙂

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @RonnieD25,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

As I understand the touchpad moves and clicks on its own causing issues around the desktop screen, don't worry as I will be able to help you out, although, I will need a few details to provide an accurate solution:

* Does this happen only with the browser such as Internet Explorer, Chrome (if yes, which browser are you using)?

* Have you made any recent updates to your computer, software or hardware related?

* When was the last time it worked fine (date)?

Check the Mouse options under control panel:

Start → Control Panel → Mouse → Buttons tab. Check the box labeled "Use MS Office compatible scroll only." Also, check the box below labeled "Scroll in active window only."

Attempt using an alternate/external mouse.

Uninstall and reinstall the drivers for your mouse:

Go to the Device Manager and select your mouse. Uninstall it and then restart your computer. During restart, your mouse driver will automatically be reinstalled.

* 1. Click on Start and type ‘Device Manager’.

* 2. Click Device Manager.

* 3. Click + sign next to Mouse.

* 4. Right-click on mouse entry and choose "uninstall".

* 5. Restart your computer.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.