Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 - m6-aq105dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently refreshed Windows 10.  As part of that process, Windows downloaded driver updates. One of these updates, and I'm not sure which, somehow disabled my laptop's keyboard and trackpad. 

When I was in the preinstall environment, both the keyboard and trackpad worked. Also in linux, it all worked. After a FULL format and refresh, the issue continues.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

That's a weird one to fix...

Can you hook up a mouse and keyboard with USB to help you get around for now?

Then I would look in the Device Manager, and see what it says in there... Windows has to be compatible with lots of parts so sometimes you can run into problems like this where in installs the wrong Drivers..   looking HERE (HP driver page)  I see one for the Synaptics TouchPad. But I don't see anything for the keyboard..

But In the Device Manager you should be able to right click on the keyboard one and have it check for an up date. 
Also run the Windows update and see if that helps...

I'm just a User like you!

Hope this helps!

HP Recommended

ALSO download the HP Support Assistant  it can look up drivers fast for your laptop!

HP Recommended

It is a weird one!

I'm currently using a USB keyboard and mouse. I've run the update multiple times. I'm wondering if it's an Intel chipset issue, but I've seen it be a firmware issue too.

Oddly enough, the keyboard and trackpad worked when I used a haddrie with Windows 8.1. But once I updated that harddrie to Windows 10, the keyboard stopped working... and after another update, the trackpad stopped working.  Windows told me that it was updating my Drivers... and then trackpad stopped responding.

HP Recommended

I installed the assistant, and it updated the drivers. However, same problem after reboot.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.