06-13-2019 03:31 PM
Hi my HP Laptop has just this week lost the functionality of the touchpad and buttons etc. I can use a wireless mouse fine. I like to use the touchpad when using my laptop in bed and don't know why it has suddenly stopped working. Any advice on how to re-enable it would be gratefully appreciated.
06-15-2019 05:12 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
- Have you made any hardware/software changes?
While you respond to that, let's try these steps:
Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8.
- Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
- Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
- On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
- Press F10 to Save and Exit.
- Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
- Follow the prompts to restart your computer.
Next, uninstall Mice and another pointing device from device manager.
- Use shortcut keys Win + X on Windows 10.
- Select Device Manager.
- Expand the entry. Right-click the Mice and another pointing device and select Uninstall all devices.
- You may need to check the option Delete the driver software for this device, and then click the Uninstall button.
- Reboot the computer. this should fix the issue.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee