Did you mean: 
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Touchpad freezing intermittently

HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15

Hi,

I have recently bought an HP Envy x360 and from the moment I unpacked it I have had trouble with the touchpad freezing. It is random as to when it does it but when it happens, it will erratically respond or not at all for about 15 seconds and I end up having to use the touch screen to complete tasks. I have updated the bios and windows update but nothing has helped.

Any advice greatly appreciated

Jay

3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
1,432 1,432 44 59
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@j-c-price, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand that you are facing issues with the touchpad wherein the cursor freezes.

This issue could occur if the BIOS or Touchpad drivers are not updated.

Let's go through a few steps to troubleshoot this issue.

And here's the step by step guide for you in the link: Using the TouchPad or ClickPad (Windows 10)

You may also follow the steps in the link to check if the issue is with the mouse or keyboard: Notebook Keyboard Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 

If the issue persists, then you may restore the system to a previous point by checking the link: Using Microsoft System Restore (Windows 10, 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

0 Kudos
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Praveenbv,

Thank you for your reply.

I have updated the BIOS for my laptop and it seems to have helped a bit.  I have tried to update the mouse/touhpad driver but the two that are available for my laptop bring up the error that they are not compatible with my system. 

I am also unable to restore my system as there are no previous points saved. I have had this problem with the mouse since I bought the laptop and took it out of it's box.

Are there any further suggestions?

Thanks

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
1,432 1,432 44 59
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@j-c-price,

We have done the basic troubleshooting as per the document and the notebook needs to checked taking remote access so that get to know it's a hardware or software issue.

I'd suggest you contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer or HP Chat Support

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation